Posted by MiriamEllis
Untie the ribbons and hear the paper crackle — it’s a handcrafted gift, ready for you to unwrap!
This guide is a labor of love that Moz has worked on through the toughest year in local SEO, with hopes of a stronger 2021 for local brands. It’s free, it’s jam-packed with over eight chapters of actionable local search marketing strategies for your agency or local business, it’s…
What is The Essential Local SEO Strategy Guide?
Moz is publishing this free guide to support digital marketing agencies and local business owners who want to gain an excellent understanding of topics and tactics within local search marketing.
This multi-chapter guide covers:
- Understanding Google’s local SERPs
- Assessing demand and analyzing local markets
- Analyzing on-page SEO and local business listings
- Analyzing and developing a reputation and reviews strategy
- Analyzing local business content and creating a publishing strategy
- Crafting a robust local marketing strategy
- Local search automation, analytics, and reporting
It also includes a special chapter on local SEO in the time of COVID-19 and a handy local search glossary.
Who will get value from this guide?
Any reader who has a beginning-to-intermediate acquaintance with local SEO should find next-level education in this guide to improve their skill set. Experts will find useful and practical perspectives to help them communicate with teams, stakeholders, and clients, thus improving the chances of buy-in for projects.
If you’re responsible for marketing any aspect of a local business, The Essential Local SEO Strategy Guide contains workflows you can implement today to achieve local brand and agency goals.
Share this guide with:
- Single and multi-location local businesses.
- Brick-and-mortar models, service-area businesses, and hybrids.
- All relevant staff at your local brand, from in-house marketers to key customer service personnel, from bloggers, to webmasters, to social media managers.
- Incoming staff at your digital marketing agency who need training in local SEO to become a greater asset to your company.
- Any member of your team tasked with the many facets of marketing local businesses.
- Friends, family and colleagues who own a local business and could use a great playbook for a better 2021.
What makes this guide different?
This highly detailed and illustrated guide is special, in that it teaches not just the “how” of local SEO, but the “why”.
Expert explanations will help you see the big picture of local SEO as a sensible whole, rather than just random tactics in no particular order. We’re not aware of another free guide on the market that delves more deeply into the mindset of serving local communities with the objective of turning a local business into a local household name.
This robust guide will help you put the three pillars of local search — proximity, prominence, and relevance — to work for the brands you’re marketing, and build the visibility and reputation essential to success.
Moz knows local businesses are the backbone of the economy, and we want to do everything we can to support sustainable, diverse, thriving towns and cities through the presence of strong local brands. We hope you’ll take this guide as our gift to help build a better future for the local businesses you’re marketing. Unwrap it today!
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don’t have time to hunt down but want to read!